Trying to email a report using email body template in Word

Denis2

Hi all,
I have a table where I want to be able to add entries. When there is an added item, I want to send an email. At present, the app is not deployed - I’m testing. I created a report and used email body template/create to create a standard Word template. This worked and I edited the text of the template in word - without changing any column names. I then used the Editor/Run button to send myself (the app creator) the report. Audit History records a “success” but I have never received the email. Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Denis

0 17 746
17 REPLIES 17

Did you check that the condition was TRUE as well?

Hi Aleksi,

This is set up as a scheduled report (for testing purposes – this is the only condition). It was scheduled to run today (28th )at 14:00 GMT – that was about 20 minutes ago. But I have received
nothing.

I have just checked Audit History and the email/report send event is not registered.

Thanks

Denis

It won’t send it if your app is not deployed.

So, how do I get around that? My reading was that, if not deployed, it would send an email only to the app creator. That makes sense from a testing viewpoint.

You can manually trigger the scheduled report and you will receive it as an app creator.

Sorry that is exactly what did not work

Denis2

So, to clarify: I use Editor Run button to manually trigger the report (Is that what you mean, Aleksi?). The Audit History reports “Success” but I don’t receive the email.
Thanks,
Denis

@Denis Did it work before you edited the template?

Lynn,

I didn’t try it before editing but I only changed text in the template.

Would you please give your account ID, app and report name if check your app directly.

Aleksi

Account ID:

App name MeterReadingDevelopmentVersion

Report Name Electricity Meter Readings Email to Suppliers

Many thanks,
Denis

@Denis It seems that your template is causing this issue. The audit history says… "Error: Workflow rule ‘Electricity Meter Readings Email to Suppliers’ action ‘Action 1’ Body template. Found 1 unmatched 'End.

Aleksi,

Following your last message, I deleted the templates and the Report. I then followed the instructions to have Appsheet create a default template. I didn’t edit anything this time.

Then I ran the report and I can see two entries in Audit History (as was the case before), one a success the other a failure.

I’m confused!

Denis

Aleksi,

I tried again,delted the previous template and created a new one. The content is as below

Check the column name “Day Image”. Does it have additional space between those words?

Brilliant Aleksi,

There was an extra space. I’ve removed it in the source and in the editor and re-run the report – all is now OK.

One extra question: When I deploy this I will want the workflow/report to pick up email addresses from columns in another (referenced) table. Then, it can run either (a) on a certain day and time
or (b) as the result of an action button ( I haven’t decided).

There will be a condition “month of latest meter read date = month of today()

Is a workflow or a report more appropriate, in your opinion?

Many thanks again.

Denis

Well… it depends what is your goal. If you want to request an email to yourself, you could trigger that email with an action button like… USEREMAIL()&""&NOW() and then read that email address with INDEX(SPLIT([Column],""),1)

Top Labels in this Space