Trying to get some users to test an app. I sh...

Trying to get some users to test an app. I shared the app using their email addresses. When they try to install they get a message "AppSheet wants to access your Google Account.

This will allow AppSheet to view your email addresses.

The choice is Allow / Cancel" they users are concerned about privacy and allowing Appsheet access to all their email addresses. Is this necessary to run the app?

0 5 362
5 REPLIES 5

Is the authentication ON in your app?

I set user sign in to ON and authentication to any provider. I now set it to off. It may not matter in this instance because I am using a test database but will it always require users to provide access to their email addresses if I require users to sign in?

Yes

Please check this post… plus.google.com - Asking for fewer permissions during app user signin So far, when app users s… Asking for fewer permissions during app user signin So far, when app users s… plus.google.com

Thanks. Perhaps a rewrite of the request might make it clearer. If AppSheet only needs to know their email. It might be clearer to just say that. “This will allow AppSheet to view your email addresses.” sounds much broader and users might be concerned that Appsheet wants access to all email addresses on the user’s computer.

Top Labels in this Space