Trying to hide table Ref links in the Android app

JSig

Hello sry if this has been answered, I cant seem to find it. I have an app that uses several ref tables basically as lookups. It is for a dog grooming field app. The groomer selects a item that is a pull down via ref table to complete an activity. When we try to view this record after it is complete there is a link in the far right next to every ref field. It opens up I guess a reverse ref to everywhere that item is used. Example would be an “Orchard Apple Fresh” scent which when clicked could connect to hundred of client past records. It displays the arrow for every referenced field.

3X_6_b_6bb2697bebab9a442ec415d91c9817b3a66abf1d.png

How do I hide this reference from a view detail screen like this one so our field staff dont clickit??

0 5 170
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks for the Reply. I have not set up anything in the Behavior tab as yet. Two main tables; Completed Grooms and Dogs (along with several tables just for ref pulldowns as the values change frequently) View is for dogs, we search for the Dog - There info appears from Dog table and ref-completed grooms shows at the bottom of their detail view. We click on a past completed groom and it opens up the detail view. Is this workflow wrong, should I be using behaviors?? New at this to say the least.

I am probably not explaining the best so I will screenshot the second step

Dog Selected:

3X_9_3_93776c7e6e080f9b9f5a9c4cf66d2c3a713f460d.png

What you’re doing currently is fine. AppSheet, trying to be helpful, automatically creates the actions when it sees you’re displaying a Ref column value. For some app creators, this is a worthwhile convenience; for others, it’s unwanted. If unwanted, you can hide the navigation button as I’d described.

Got it. My mistake was not looking at the system generated section in behaviors, I was thinking I had to “add” a new activity. I followed your screenshot on the system generated ref column in question and it is exactly what I needed. Thanks

Whoops! Sorry I forgot to mention that…

Top Labels in this Space