Two Address Columns - A "CONTAINS" Question

Hey everyone. 

I have a table called "Parcels" with a column called "FullAddress", a concatenation from a Google Sheet to combine street, city, zip, etc. In a different table called "Sites" I have another address column simply called "Address," though it is house number and street name only (e.g. "1234 Williams St"). 

I am trying to relate these tables in a virtual column using CONTAINS. In the "Parcels" table, I tried this expression (after trying a dozen others): 

FILTER("Sites",
CONTAINS(
SELECT(Parcels[FullAddress], TRUE),
[Address]
)
)

Because the "FullAddress" in the "Parcels" table will contain values in the "Address" table, I figured it would work. There won't be any exact matches, so I assumed CONTAINS would be the way to go.

Anyway, the expression returns the entire "Sites" table rather than addresses that match.

Hopefully my situation makes sense, even though there is redundancy in the issue. I would explain the broader goal, but it would probably just make it more complicated. 

Any guidance on the right expression would be great, thank you.

0 3 94
3 REPLIES 3

I probably got something wrong in the expression, but something like this is where I would start:

• FILTER(Sites,CONTAINS([_thisRow].[FullAddress],Sites[Address]))

This should return the key column(s) in the Sites table that has an [Address] that is contained within the Parcel tables [FullAddress] column.

Thanks for the reply! I tried your expression. It was valid but still did not show me any related addresses...I can't figure out what's going wrong!

Thanks again.

Is that expression returning any data i.e. a list of key values, or is it not returning anything at all?

Top Labels in this Space