Two Apps Sharing a Table

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I’m developing two apps that can share a table, two different companies. I’ve noticed that when I run an upgrade on one of those apps it changes the location of that table, which means I would need to reinstall that table on the opposite app and that means recreating everything. So, unless I’m wrong and hopefully I am, how can I share a table between two different apps and when I roll out an upgrade on one side it won’t have an impact on the other app?

Thanks!

0 4 405
4 REPLIES 4

When you “run an upgrade”, do you mean you are copying the app, then editing the copy? When you copy an app, it also makes a copy of the underlying spreadsheet. Once the copy is made you can go in and point the table to the old spreadsheet by editing the field shown in this screenshot.

Correct. I will copy the app that I want to make changes to, then refer to that app when I run an app upgrade.

So I went and changed the source path on the other app that isn’t upgraded. A couple things occurred, the security settings for that table which is based on useremail doesn’t work, additionally the columns in the slices change and the expressions I had placed in those columns aren’t working…and a few other things…
I need to rethink this …
Thanks for your reply.

Just for info… when you copy the app, it should ask “Make a copy of the data for the new app”. If you set it as “Off”, it will use the same database as a source.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Thanks Aleksi. I ran another copy without the data and noticed that it didn’t move the shared table location, I can deal with moving data to the updated app, just don’t want to impact the shared table.

Top Labels in this Space