Two different applications with one source

Hello,

I read that it is possible to create two different apps with one google sheet source. So on that same spreadsheet, I started to make the second app. I 'm keeping an eye on the possible changes that my edits on the second app may cause the first one. So far nothing happens until I added one column on that sheet they're sharing and came across this error. After reloading the page, I realized the first app was now overridden by what I though was a separate second app. Please how can I bring back that first app? Or how can I at least undo it? And is it really possible form them to share the same source?Screenshot 2022-09-12 074913.png

I'm confused, please help. Thanks!Screenshot 2022-09-12 074913.png

Solved Solved
0 9 140
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can restore the old version of app from MANAGE -->VERSIONS --> get version history.

jyothis_m_0-1662968014323.png

You can have two separate Apps with the same Google Sheet. Changes made in one App will reflect in the other also. By changes i mean row entries add or edit. If you make changes to table structure like if you add a new column, then you have to regenerate the table in both the apps.

View solution in original post

May be it was the same app you edited. Try creating new app from appsheet itself and add the same table to this app.

jyothis_m_0-1662971597557.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You can restore the old version of app from MANAGE -->VERSIONS --> get version history.

jyothis_m_0-1662968014323.png

You can have two separate Apps with the same Google Sheet. Changes made in one App will reflect in the other also. By changes i mean row entries add or edit. If you make changes to table structure like if you add a new column, then you have to regenerate the table in both the apps.

Yes, I saw it happened and those changes are alright. But as you can see in the picture above, I was surprised that they became ONE app. So how can I make it so as they will be totally different app that can display different VIEWS but still share the same source? I mean I want them to look different with each other, is it possible? Thank you so much!

Please take note they became ONE. What way isn't gonna give that result?Capture.PNG

Screenshot 2022-09-12 161601.png

Did you regenerate your tables with the changed columns?

How did you create the second app

Uhm I went to the gsheet of my 1st app and just "Create App" at the expansion, the same way, same place that I did the first

May be it was the same app you edited. Try creating new app from appsheet itself and add the same table to this app.

jyothis_m_0-1662971597557.png

Probably, cause I saw that the same app was opened but I didn't mind cause I thought it was a copy of it and I continued editing while refreshing the 1st app from time to time to see if it changes but no, until yeah in the end, they're one app. I will try your suggestion thank you!

I think:

1. You were confused about which app is which since the "A newer version of the app exists" suggest you are editing the same app on another browser tab, or
  2. The GSheet extension is messing this

Now, as mentioned above, no matter which apps depend on your dataset, if you change your schema you have to regenerate it inside each one of the apps since your columns are on mismatch

Please, can you share the AppName of both apps?

I'm already working on two different apps now with the same source. Thanks anyway Sir!

Top Labels in this Space