Two separate Actions got misteriously triggered together

The situation is like this: I just found out about a weird bug that combines two completely separate actions to be triggered together. I tested for a while to be sure it's this action that is causing the problem: The action Click Count Increment, it is intended to increment the click counts for the product once a user clicks and views its details page, however, whenever a user clicks on an item and jumps to the detail page, the another action Add to Cart is triggered too and this item is automatically added to that user's shopping cart. I checked that there's absolutely nowhere that connects these two actions together, so what is happening here?

I even have a confirmation message for add to cart action, but it does not even get triggered when this bug happens. The whole process flow is like this: I click on an item image, it takes me to the details page, and the click count is incremented by 1, and after about 2 seconds on the details page the Add to My Cart button on the details page disappears directly, and when I go to My Cart page, this item is being added there......

This is the click count increment action:click count.png

This is the add to my cart action:add to cart.png

This is where in the Market page I call the Click Count Increment & Go to Details Page:calls.png

This is how detail page like:problem.png

Solved Solved
0 5 106
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

99 times out of  100 this type of problem occurs because there is some background processing causing data changes that impact the visual components.  These changes come from automation or Virtual Column calculations.   Los of times its an automation that is being re-triggered improperly and unexpectedly.

I would start by looking at the Behavior expression of the button that is "mysteriously" disappearing.  Focus on what data items could be making that button not show.  Then search for any places that could potentially be making changes to impact that Behavior expression.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

99 times out of  100 this type of problem occurs because there is some background processing causing data changes that impact the visual components.  These changes come from automation or Virtual Column calculations.   Los of times its an automation that is being re-triggered improperly and unexpectedly.

I would start by looking at the Behavior expression of the button that is "mysteriously" disappearing.  Focus on what data items could be making that button not show.  Then search for any places that could potentially be making changes to impact that Behavior expression.   

The button disappears because I set the expression to be a user can only add an item once to his cart, so it disappearance means at that moment this item is being added to the cart

Oh you are right, I disabled the only automation and all the things are back to normal...... that's interesting, but anyway thanks for the help!

So I guess I don't understand the problem then.  There is one piece missing.

In the "Row Selected" Behavior, it references the action named "Click Count Increment & Jump to...". 

What does that action do?

it's just a grouped action that first increment the click count, then jumps to the details page of that item, I tested those separately and found it's the click count increment that's mysteriously triggering the add to cart action

Top Labels in this Space