Two workflows one Zap?

Hi community,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have two workflows in AppSheet, hooked into to a single Zap?
The end result is that I want to create a new card in Trello.
I have it set up right now that every time a new record is created in AppSheet, for the table Weekly Action with the status “in action” a new card is created in Trello. This hook is triggered by “Adds only”

I want to create a second condition to create a new card in Trello that is triggered by “Updates only.” That is when a record in the Weekly Action table that previously had a status of “not started” is changed to “in action.”

There are three ways I can think of to do this, just not sure what works best in AppSheet.

1. Create two separate workflows in AppSheet and two separate Zaps
  2. Create two separate workflows in AppSheet and point them both to the same Zap
  3. Create one workflow in AppSheet and one Zap (not sure how to create a condition that only triggers when a new record is created or a previous card is updated with a specific before/after status)

Or I can simplify things by creating a single workflow in AppSheet that is triggered and creates a new card in Trello when any action is created regardless of whether the status is Not Started or In Action

Thoughts?

e

0 3 404
3 REPLIES 3

@elan_Bailey
Provided you set the conditional rule for your UPDATES_ONLY trigger like this, I believe it will work

AND([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Status]="Not Started",[_THISROW_AFTER].[Status]="In Action")

Thanks. My second question is can I have both of these workflows trigger one zap or do i need to create two separate zaps?

You may be fine having them trigger the same zap — if they both are sending the row information to the zap and the zap is doing the same thing in both cases.

Top Labels in this Space