UK Timesheet

We have a UK client who needs a Timesheet building. We currently have two fields, one for Date = Today, and also a Date = Wek Commencing.

However App Sheet uses Sunday to Saturday as a standard week. However in the UK they use Monday to Monday. 

What would the formula be for the Date = Week Commencing to pick up the Monday just gone?

0 3 83
3 REPLIES 3

whatever formula you are using + 1

So this is the formula I am using (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + 2) to give the Date of Monday the week [Date] is in which is filled in the form. However because App Sheet recognises Sunday as the first day of the week, when I choose [Date] as a Sunday, it gives us the Monday afterwards, for example

If I was to choose [Date] as 01/06/2022 then the Monday given from the formula will be 30/05/2022. However when I choose [Date] as 05/06/2022 then the formula gives me 06/06/2022 because App Sheet recognises Sunday as the first day of the week.

You'll be better off not jumping to conclusions limiting yourself to a would-be-existence of a problem. There's none, and every programming language and development environment I know of set Sunday as the start of the week. Trust me, this advice would serve you much. 

Just forget about the week, you are actually faced with a simple algebraic problem with numbers ranging from 1 to 7. Your starting position can be any one of them, and you want to end up always at number 2. What would you do?

Top Labels in this Space