UNIQUEID generator in google sheet

Hello everyone, I wonder if it would be possible to generate a uniqueid from google sheet, so that I could load a sheet in appsheet but with the ids preloaded and that these do not match the ids that I already have in appsheet.

Cheers

Solved Solved
0 12 469
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Another one ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the exact equivalent of what's generated by AppSheet's UNIQUEID():

DEC2HEXRANDBETWEEN(1; 4294967296); )

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

=DEC2HEX(RANDBETWEEN(0, 999999999),8 )

Thank you Mark

=MID("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz",INT(RANDBETWEEN(1,26)),1)&DEC2HEX(RANDBETWEEN(0, 4294967295),8)

The difference between mine and Marc's formulas is that mine forces sheets to treat the generated ID as a TEXT value in every cell.

I noticed (too late) after adding a random ID to over 10000 records and generating child records with them that sometimes the other formula generated numbers defined as scientific notation which changes how sheets sees them.

It took a lot of time to track down the errors I can tell you!  This might save you that time for many thousands of records.

Gracias Scott! buenas Tardes para tรญ

Another one ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the exact equivalent of what's generated by AppSheet's UNIQUEID():

DEC2HEXRANDBETWEEN(1; 4294967296); )

Aplauso!

I am stuck with this solution. It allows you to create records outside of appsheet and then update the app with unparalleled speed and accuracy. Thanks once again to everyone who has commented.

For reference:
Manually generate UNIQUEID() key values - AppSheet Help

Also, the usage of "," or ";" depends on your locale

";" works for all ๐Ÿ™‚

Nah, it really depends on your locale.

In my case I've seen that even Excel Online vs Desktop has different separators ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Yes you are right and it would depend also on the program used. I don't have Excel actually, I should have clarified that it works for all locales in Google Sheets. 

Buenos aportes. Si alguien puede dejar la fรณrmula para google sheet para generar el UNIQUE("PackedUUID") le marcarรฉ como soluciรณn ๐Ÿ˜‰ gracias amigos.

Good contributions. If someone can leave the formula for google sheet to generate the UNIQUE("PackedUUID") I will mark it as a solution, thanks friends.

what about this?

CONCATENAR( CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(97, 122)), CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(48, 57)),CARACTER(ALEATORIO.ENTRE(65, 90)) )

Top Labels in this Space