UNIQUEID ()

HELLO, 

There is any change in UNIQUEID()??

Before I indicate and any ID NUMBER was different but now it's always the same.

Sara_Bertomeu_0-1655806201730.png

What can I do?? What it's wrong!! Thanks

I used the formula that @Joseph_Seddik recommeded and it works but in the Appsheet formula was an error, there is no other way for generate automatically?

Sara_Bertomeu_0-1655818337471.png

After readed https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106672  

Random keys

One alternative to system-generated sequential keys, is system-generated random keys.

AppSheet currently supports two mechanisms for creating system0generated random keys.

• The UNIQUEID() function generates a 80character long unique text value containing letters and numbers.

UNIQUEID()

Pseudo-unique ID

Returns a newly-generated pseudo-unique ID (Text value). But for me doesn't work.

Because these functions generate pseudo random values, they do not require coordination between the clients and the server. They work for multiple users doing offline inserts.

THANKS SARA

Solved Solved
0 6 196
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Sara,

Just refresh te test page and you’ll get a new number 🙂

The purpose of the test page is to show you  the result of your expression based on the value of the columns in each row. Since your UNIQUEID() expression does not have row dependency, it just calculated once, but that doesn’t mean you’d get repeated results when you actually save the formula in your app. 

Just ignore the test results, in this case they’re only indicative. You are good to go 👍

View solution in original post

Hola Sara, 

Como lo ha dicho nuestro amigo @SkrOYC ¡nunca tires la toalla!

Esto funcionará aún sin actualizar. Lo que yo quería decir es que en los resultados del botón "Test" del Expression Assistant, la función UNIQUEID() se ejecuta sólo una vez y el resultado se muestra igual para todas las filas mostradas. La razón es que la función de esta página de "Test", es solo mostrar cómo el resultado de una expresión pueda cambiar en función de los valores de las columnas en cada fila. Por lo tanto, como la expresión UNIQUEID() no tiene ningún elemento dependiente de ninguna fila, el Expression Assistant lo ha ejecutado sólo una vez y te ha mostrado el mismo resultado en todas las filas. 

Sí, entiendo que este comportamiento podría causar confusión. Sin embargo, esto es solo un Test. La app calculará la expresión UNIQUEID() tantas veces que haya filas, y cada vez saldrá un valor diferente. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Sara,

Just refresh te test page and you’ll get a new number 🙂

The purpose of the test page is to show you  the result of your expression based on the value of the columns in each row. Since your UNIQUEID() expression does not have row dependency, it just calculated once, but that doesn’t mean you’d get repeated results when you actually save the formula in your app. 

Just ignore the test results, in this case they’re only indicative. You are good to go 👍

Thanks Joseph, so really it works UNIQUE ID().

When I update works perfect, right? 

Creo que voy a tirar la toalla con esto de los calendarios, no hay manera. Ufffffffffff

Nunca tires la toalla! Menos aun teniendo ayudantes como @Joseph_Seddik que andan rondeando en la comunidad

Thanks, really for me it's very hard, but I try to improve myself.

Thanks @SkrOYC  and always to my angel @Joseph_Seddik@Marc_Dillon  and the boss @Steve 

Hola Sara, 

Como lo ha dicho nuestro amigo @SkrOYC ¡nunca tires la toalla!

Esto funcionará aún sin actualizar. Lo que yo quería decir es que en los resultados del botón "Test" del Expression Assistant, la función UNIQUEID() se ejecuta sólo una vez y el resultado se muestra igual para todas las filas mostradas. La razón es que la función de esta página de "Test", es solo mostrar cómo el resultado de una expresión pueda cambiar en función de los valores de las columnas en cada fila. Por lo tanto, como la expresión UNIQUEID() no tiene ningún elemento dependiente de ninguna fila, el Expression Assistant lo ha ejecutado sólo una vez y te ha mostrado el mismo resultado en todas las filas. 

Sí, entiendo que este comportamiento podría causar confusión. Sin embargo, esto es solo un Test. La app calculará la expresión UNIQUEID() tantas veces que haya filas, y cada vez saldrá un valor diferente. 

GRACIAS compañero de batallas... 

I continue with my goal!!!! Thanks

Top Labels in this Space