URL Masking for Deep links

Hello, We have a virtual column within the app that has a deeplink (link to form) with prefilled values.  This shows in a report as a hyperlink which users can click on the report and go through to the URL - that takes them to a form with pre-filled values.  I wonder if this URL can be masked at all so the user cannot see the defaults in the URL?

0 4 586
4 REPLIES 4

Not directly.

You can send random-looking alphanumeric text through as the defaults into some hidden columns, then have Initial Values in the columns that you actually want to be pre-filled that convert those codes to the desired values.

Sounds interesting, do you have more info on how to do this? So the user wouldn't be able to see the prefilled column values in the url?

Like if you want to prefill [col] with "x", but you don't want the user to see "x" in the URL, you prefill [hidden_col] with "gibberish", and set an Initial Value on [x] to IFS( [hidden_col]="gibberish" , "x" )

Thanks, I would rather the user not even see the app id in the url in web browser, but i guess thats not possible?

Top Labels in this Space