UX View do not show blanks

Hi All,

I am stuck with a problem in viewโ€™s, I have four columns grouped to make it easier for the end user to navigate, however when one column is blank for certain rows of data it will still show a blank row, obviously the user will never click on this because it does not show any data.
The goal here is for some expression I can use in a view that states if this column is blank for this row of data do not show this column in view,

For example in a row of products I have product Types e.g Consumables and Boilers,
Then a column named Category that only applies to Consumables and a columnโ€™s Make, Model that only apply to Boilers.

So if the user clicks on the type Boiler in group, the next two groups should be Make then Model, or if the type Consumables is clicked on, the next group should be Category.

Is this possible?

0 3 1,863
3 REPLIES 3

Hierarchy is the same for all records so you canโ€™t โ€œremoveโ€ it from those steps. You could add a some kind of value into that column when the product is Boiler so it will show a value, instead of blank row.

Solved.

For anyone who may stumble across this, and wants to achieve the same in the future, this is how I achieved it.

First I created a new sheet in my spreadsheet listing all my categories.
I them imported this data in to app sheet as a table called categories.

I then created sliceโ€™s for my products table, and filtered it via each category, i.e I had a slice for Boilers and filtered so it would only show boilers and so onโ€ฆ

Once all that was done I had to create ref views for each slice, and a card view for the table categories.

I then created a behaviour action using an IF function to select a view based on what card it selected,
e.g IF([TYPE]=โ€œMISCELLANEOUS & CONSUMABLESโ€, LINKTOVIEW(โ€œMiscโ€),IF([TYPE]=โ€œSPARE PARTSโ€,LINKTOVIEW(โ€œSPARESโ€),LINKTOVIEW(โ€œNEW FIRESโ€)))

Once that is done I had to go back into my card view and add the action to the card.

This was a bit long winded, but it enabled me to achieve what I needed.

Gotcha

Top Labels in this Space