UX, how to count selected items

In a view DECk how do you know how many items have been selected to apply the Delete command or something?

Solved Solved
0 8 329
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@manueurofax wrote:

The important thing is that you know how many elements have been selected...

This is partially true. To summarize, here "you" is app user and not app creator.

The app user visually knows how many records are selected due to the message in the header.

However, currently there is no way for an app creator to know how many records have been selected in "bulk select" option

I mean there is no field or column where the selected records count is captured where the field or column with count can be further used in an expression.

View solution in original post

You are welcome. Yes, that is definitely possible as a workaround to have an additional column to toggle the selection status with two actions. 

There could be some additional considerations when you implement this additional column based approach.  Please post again in a new post if you face any challenges while implementing it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

In case of summary ( deck, table, gallery) views, a user needs to select multiple records through bulk select option to apply row level actions including delete action to multiple records simultaneously. As the user keeps selecting records the record count is displayed in the header at the left.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1685460096885.png

Use bulk actions - AppSheet Help

Thank you... But what I was asking is not the question of viewing otherwise, I didn't open this post...
I'll go even more specific: I would like to diversify the deletion request message, with a message for single deletion and another message for multiple deletion...
With the IF() command I would make a difference if I could have some control of how many items are selected...

Thank you for being more specific in the latest post. 

If understanding of your requirement is clear, currently a  different message for single and multiple deletion is not natively possible.  

But if you can trace how many elements have been selected, you can use the IF() function and vary the message... The important thing is that you know how many elements have been selected...

@manueurofax wrote:

The important thing is that you know how many elements have been selected...

This is partially true. To summarize, here "you" is app user and not app creator.

The app user visually knows how many records are selected due to the message in the header.

However, currently there is no way for an app creator to know how many records have been selected in "bulk select" option

I mean there is no field or column where the selected records count is captured where the field or column with count can be further used in an expression.

Ok... Thank you...

I will solve by having 2 commands to delete the items, where one I will make it appear for each record and the other in the header of the app after selecting multiple recordsโ€ฆ

You are welcome. Yes, that is definitely possible as a workaround to have an additional column to toggle the selection status with two actions. 

There could be some additional considerations when you implement this additional column based approach.  Please post again in a new post if you face any challenges while implementing it.

OK...

Top Labels in this Space