Unable to Clear Date column on iPhone

I have a date type column that is not required and does not have an Initial value of Today() since I want the user to choose whatever date they want. When filling out the form I the user clicks on that date field the calendar appear which is fine but if the user doesn’t want to select a date it won’t let them clear the date. I don’t if I’m missing a setting withing Appsheet or it has to do with the iPhone. Has anyone come across the problem? Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 9 507
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mauricio_Bick I think I suggested a workaround by using an action to set the column to an empty string but we released a proper fix to our website today.

Please try again after closing and re-opening the app and let me know if you are still experiencing this problem but I think it should be fixed. Thanks for the report!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Please check first that you have the latest app version from AppStore.

Hey Aleksi,
I have version 12.5.0.

@Gil Any thoughts?

I think @nico has a fix for this coming out soon.

@Mauricio_Bick I think I suggested a workaround by using an action to set the column to an empty string but we released a proper fix to our website today.

Please try again after closing and re-opening the app and let me know if you are still experiencing this problem but I think it should be fixed. Thanks for the report!

Hey Nico!
Just tried it and it worked like a charm!
Thank you for your help!

Hey @nico . One more questions, is there any way to change the text? I tried doing in the Localize section and it works but not for this menu. Any ideas? Thank you.

Glad the fix worked!

It isn’t possible to change the text for this button and despite using the iOS built-in date selector, it doesn’t seem to change to the language of the device. We may eventually build our own date selector to do this, but it will require more work then we have time for right now.

Gotcha!

Thank you again for your help.

Top Labels in this Space