Unable to Edit existing data in Table View in both Mobile/Desktop

Thank you in advance

I created a Table view on AppSheets Project with a new slice where the user can edit/update but cannot delete/add new information. These are the settings below:

2023-03-19 23_19_32-Threshold Sample App 2023 - AppSheet.png2023-03-19 23_19_39-Threshold Sample App 2023 - AppSheet.png

However, on both Mobile/Desktop view, I can view the Table data but I am unable to edit the existing data, can anyone please explain to me what I went wrong?

2023-03-19 23_19_47-Window.png

Solved Solved
0 6 716
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To get a drop-down list, your column type should be Enum or EnumList. What you are seeing now is just your browser caching your previous entries in the field. 

In your App Editor, click on the Actions icon on the left bar, navigate to the table from the list, under the table name click on the Edit action, then inside the action, scroll down to Appearance, and make sure it is set to Display As Primary, or Display Prominently. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I see you have the Quick Edit icon shown on the top right of your view. Click on it. 

Hi @Joseph_Seddik 

I couldnt edit on Mobile view even though I double click on everything - the "Edit" button that usually shows up in Mobile is missing:

2023-03-20 08_50_51-Threshold Sample App 2023 - AppSheet.png

As for the Table view in Desktop, I can edit the columns but here on "Status" column, it is supposed to be a DropDown list options - the list isnt showing by default but once I started to type the word, the list showed up

2023-03-20 08_49_08-Threshold Sample App 2023.png

2023-03-20 08_49_23-Threshold Sample App 2023.png

Go to the action settings and under Display make sure it is visible either as Primary or Prominent. 
Also, what is the type of your Status column?

Btw, since it is still In Preview, I havenโ€™t used the new Desktop view, that I see you are using, yet. 

Hi @Joseph_Seddik 

Which "Action - Display" are you mentioning about? The Status column is "Text" Type

Thank you

To get a drop-down list, your column type should be Enum or EnumList. What you are seeing now is just your browser caching your previous entries in the field. 

In your App Editor, click on the Actions icon on the left bar, navigate to the table from the list, under the table name click on the Edit action, then inside the action, scroll down to Appearance, and make sure it is set to Display As Primary, or Display Prominently. 

Issue Resolved - Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space