Unable to Select View Type and Position - Bug?

Figured i'd make this a top level post for this issue, stemming from my earlier journey to make a custom report generator.

I created a form for the user to select a date range that the user wanted to see from a table, and it is working, however, I cannot select to add this form to the menu and/or select its position.

Have i stumbled across a #bug or have i done something wrong?

provider_report.png

Solved Solved
0 2 57
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like @SkrOYC answered this in my other thread where this was discovered while trying something else:

About the form view, ignore the system created one and make a copy or a new one. System views comes with some fields hidden.

The new one will give you the option to put it on the Menu or anywhere else.

PS: Any user-created form, detail or inline (ref) view will override the system created one on the default actions. So if you create a form view, AppSheet will ignore the system created one

consider this issue solved ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Looks like @SkrOYC answered this in my other thread where this was discovered while trying something else:

About the form view, ignore the system created one and make a copy or a new one. System views comes with some fields hidden.

The new one will give you the option to put it on the Menu or anywhere else.

PS: Any user-created form, detail or inline (ref) view will override the system created one on the default actions. So if you create a form view, AppSheet will ignore the system created one

consider this issue solved ๐Ÿ™‚

Btw, I know it's messy but you can open the HTML editor and add a blockquote using the html tags for it:

<blockquote>Looks like @SkrOYC answered this in my other thread where this was discovered while trying something else:</blockquote>

Translates to:

Looks like @SkrOYC answered this in my other thread where this was discovered while trying something else:
Top Labels in this Space