Unable to add fields to form

Hi all, I have a form that I want to be able to use to either scan a barcode or manually select a member from a drop down list to record their attendance.

The problem is I canโ€™t figure out how to add the member name to the form. itโ€™s just showing the barcode and the date, where / do I add the other field โ€œMemberโ€ to the form. I canโ€™t seem to see it in the form area.

Solved Solved
0 9 238
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just blank as I was going to use them. I think Iโ€™ve figured it now though. I had a spreadsheet formula in the member column, I removed this and put in a suggested value of Members[Member Name], then made this editable and that seems to have done the trick.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Iโ€™ve even just tried to create a new form and it defaults to just these to fields on the list. Any ideas?

Hiโ€ฆ Have you tried adding a new column to your table called [member] or similar?

Thanks for the reply. I already have this on the table but it doesnt seem to show up on the form.

@Danny_Smith
What are the G&H columns for?

Just blank as I was going to use them. I think Iโ€™ve figured it now though. I had a spreadsheet formula in the member column, I removed this and put in a suggested value of Members[Member Name], then made this editable and that seems to have done the trick.

Glad to hear that youโ€™ve solved the issue. Thanks for informing.

Thanks for making the effort you too buddy Much appreciated.

Is your form based on a slice? Is that column in the slice?

In the base table, is the column set to view?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Show? setting will hide the column entirely if set to OFF or to an expression that evaluates to FALSE.

If a column value is blank (the column has no value) and the columnโ€™s Editable? setting prevents the user from editing the column value, AppSheet will (by default) hide the column. If the user should be able tomodify the columnโ€™s value, make sure Editable? is ON or is an expression that evaluates to TRUE.

Top Labels in this Space