Unable to add row to table -- 'CUSTOMER' cannot be converted to type 'Ref'.

I have an action that should fill in data on the child table. It was working fine until today. Starting to get this error. 

0 3 720
3 REPLIES 3

By the nature of the error message, it seems that a new row is trying to populate the CUSTOMER columns with something other than a row key from one of the rows in the Customers table.  Ref type columns MUST always supply a row key value from the table being referenced.

Do you know what value was being assigned to the Customer column at the time of the error?  Do you know if it was a row key in your Customers table (or whichever table that column references)?

The customer column was the one. Yet all the customers name are actually from the same table and its a recurring customer. It was working fine the night before. The error just happened this afternoon.

As to why thee error is now occurring I can't explain. Based on the app state as of this moment, and to solve the current issue, there are still these questions...

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

Do you know what value was being assigned to the Customer column at the time of the error?  Do you know if it was a row key in your Customers table (or whichever table that column references)?

Based on this comment...

@skyjohn wrote:

Yet all the customers name are actually from the same table and its a recurring customer.

...are the customer names set as the row key?  If they are not and that is what you are assigning to the CUSTOMER column, then that is why the error is occurring.

If the name column IS the row key, and the name value assigned to the CUSTOMER column is slightly misspelled, then you will get this error message - the spelling MUST match exactly.

For the record, I strongly recommend against using names, for any app tables, as the row key.  Names change and/or are frequently entered incorrectly.

I hope this helps you solve the issue.

Top Labels in this Space