Unable to change file path

hi, i have been doing an offside project in appsheet but i am facing an issue with the file storage to google drive, i want to save the documents into a folder i have, but the application no matter what keeps sending this documents to the appsheet/data/appname/ folder it even creates a subfolder after appname with the folder i wanted to use.

jpruezkiez_0-1677963026593.png

jpruezkiez_1-1677963055908.png

any help resolving this issue ๐Ÿ˜ž i would appreciate any help

Solved Solved
0 1 151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When using sheets as a table datasource, AppSheet uses relative pathing based on the location of the sheet.  The Default App Path does not come into play at all.

Consider the location of the sheet as the root.  Then from that location, what is written into the file column on the sheet will be applied to locate the file.  For example,  if the sheet was in a folder named "My App" and the File column has a path of "/Images/Work/test.jpg".  Then AppSheet will look in the "MyApp" folder for for the file in "Images/Work/test.jpg".

Note: When using a database as the datasource, relative pathing is STILL used but it will be based on the Default App Path setting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

When using sheets as a table datasource, AppSheet uses relative pathing based on the location of the sheet.  The Default App Path does not come into play at all.

Consider the location of the sheet as the root.  Then from that location, what is written into the file column on the sheet will be applied to locate the file.  For example,  if the sheet was in a folder named "My App" and the File column has a path of "/Images/Work/test.jpg".  Then AppSheet will look in the "MyApp" folder for for the file in "Images/Work/test.jpg".

Note: When using a database as the datasource, relative pathing is STILL used but it will be based on the Default App Path setting

Top Labels in this Space