Unable to fetch app definition. Ran out of resources evaluating:

I am starting to get these error messages. 

Unable to fetch app definition. Ran out of resources evaluating: Shift
Unable to fetch app definition. Ran out of resources evaluating: [Pay review].[Overtime definition]

Ran out of resources evaluating: 4fd76b50 :: [Pay review]

Pejme_0-1667190960736.png

Pejme_0-1667191738460.png

Not sure what the issue is, but I am pretty sure my expressions are correct. Are they too extensive, or maybe too many columns for the app to handle? Has anyone else experienced this?

2 2 417
2 REPLIES 2

You may want to notify AppSheet Support for more assistance.

In the meantime...

• Can you give more details about the size of your app? 
  • Can you get to the expression for the [Overtime definition] column and show us what you have implemented there?
  • What app activity is happening at the moment the error occurs?  Are you just trying to load the app into the App Editor?  Is a Sync occurring after some user activity?

My first reaction, without more details, is that the expression to calculate the [Pay review].[Overtime definition] is consuming too much memory/space on the device.   This could be caused one or more of several factors:

1. The device already has limited memory available.
  2. The complexity of the expression is so great that it is using up all available memory.
  3. The size of the data in the app is large and leaves little memory available to compute the value.

Likely though, it is a combination of 2) and 3).   

NOTE:  each app is allotted a fixed amount of "app space" within the storage of the device.  In AppSheet terms, this "app space" would include the app definition, data, images and files (if downloaded for offline content) and any temporary storage needed for computations.

have the same problem  bro. Report it at once.

Top Labels in this Space