Unable to fetch app definition cannot be run from the currently installed mobile app

Unable to fetch app definition cannot be run from the currently installed mobile app

App works perfectly in a web browser, but when loading through appsheet app this message occurs

Any help from those out there, support dont seem to respond and other similar errors on this forum point to a specific errorScreen Shot 2022-07-03 at 11.21.14.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-03 at 11.21.32.png9AE63C8F-8307-4689-BE82-4B990EA04284.jpg

Solved Solved
0 7 509
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Turns out i had disabled this function - as i am not using push notifications, i must have disabled it during the build. Turned back on and all works fine within AppSheet again... 

Thanks to Swoopy for their suggestions.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 07.51.59.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Can you try open it on other phones/tablets? if it works?

Yes have tried multiple phones and tablets. 

If the app was working fine and you had not made any changes, this could rarely happend and automatically return to normal (sometime takes hours).

If it crashes after changes made to the app, you may try to restore the older version which surely been working.

Other than this you would need AppSheet support to investigate.

I'll carry on trying the support, it was working two weeks ago early into development, but was only testing changes in the web browser version. 

Turns out i had disabled this function - as i am not using push notifications, i must have disabled it during the build. Turned back on and all works fine within AppSheet again... 

Thanks to Swoopy for their suggestions.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 07.51.59.png

Capture.PNG

I always update version notes by myself since there no way I can remember what I've done along development. And when something wrong, which version I should recover back.

Also before start every editing, it's good practice to note the latest version number.

Hope this might help you in future.

Oh man!  That fixed my issue too. Thanks a lot.

Top Labels in this Space