Unable to get Key Column Value in a Inline referenced Table

Hi,

I have a Table Named " Assigned Courses" and Another Table Called " Tasks",  I have created a reference between two tables using common "Course No" , now in the "Related Tasks" inline table what I need is  whenever I view that detailed view I want to create a  VC column to show the Value of Key column of Master Table which is "Assigned Courses"  and key Column name is "Assignment Code" I want to see Assignment Code against every Task. can someone please see the attached image and help me out on this.

Thanks

Ashish 

ashishmasih247@gmail.com

Tasks.png

0 3 97
3 REPLIES 3

Are you saying the task list "references" the table Assigned Courses via a non key column - Course No? (technically it is not a reference in AppSheet parlance...)

Anyway assuming that Assignment Code and Couse No have a one to one relationship, you can try the following expression:

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Course No], "Assigned Courses", "Course No", "Assignment Code")

I cant use this expression [LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Course No], "Assigned Courses", "Course No", "Assignment Code")] because some course number can be multiple times but "Assignment Code" is unique. 

Assigned Table data structure looks something like this:-

Ashish_Masih_0-1664444514877.png

In that case you just need a list of Assignment codes. You can use Select instead of Lookup.

SELECT(
 Assigned Courses[Assignment Code],
 [Course No] = [_THISROW].[Course No]
)

Top Labels in this Space