Unable to link Add from Map View on Dashboard to appropriate view

Hello, I have a map view on a dashboard that provides an Add button. Iโ€™d like to set the view of the button but canโ€™t get it to generate the correct form view. When I maximize the view and then press the Add button, the correct form appears - just not from the dashboard. I have other mapviews with the same button and all access the correct form. This same issue occurs on inline views but Iโ€™m able to go to the inline view form and use a LINKTOROW action. The mapview doesnโ€™t allow me to assign an action.

How do I access the button to configure the view correctly?

Solved Solved
0 5 365
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is currently a shortcoming of the map view, basically it does not support custom overlay actions at all, only the system-generated Add action. There is some special handling of slices with the system Add action which may account for why it seems to work in some contexts. Supporting custom overlay actions here is among the short term things weโ€™re planning to work on next.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Daisy_Ramirez! I wanted to check in and see if youโ€™re still encountering this issue.

Hey Jennifer, yes this is still an issue.

Hi Jennifer, were you able to find anything on this issue? Iโ€™ll be transitioning the app to the client today and will turn off the feature until I hear back of course. Update for you: The issue occurs in Chrome and Edge but works fine in the viewer.

Thanks for your help.

This is currently a shortcoming of the map view, basically it does not support custom overlay actions at all, only the system-generated Add action. There is some special handling of slices with the system Add action which may account for why it seems to work in some contexts. Supporting custom overlay actions here is among the short term things weโ€™re planning to work on next.

@Adam-google Has there been any progress in being able to add custom actions to the map view?

Top Labels in this Space