Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device. The

Anyone have a solution for this error with Appsheet Whitelabeled iOS apps: 'Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device. The image may still be in the camera roll on the device.' Doesn't seem to happen on the Android version of the app.

It's happening sporadically for different people and not all the time, the image size on the iPhone 11 (iOS 15.6 primarily but doesn't seem to matter) seems like it might help but how to do that using the Apple Camera app is an Unknown for me.

Ideas or suggestions appreciated.

0 7 265
7 REPLIES 7

I don't have any, I think @1minManager does

I don't think that this is specificaly a white label issue, but possibly might be related.  

Checkout one of my earlier posts - https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Image-mising-in-reports/m-p/369037

I can't seem to find out exactly when but Appsheet released a fix for this in the first half of 2022.  Since then my user has reported that its now much better.  The user used Android, for the record.

My hunch is that you uploaded your whitelabel app before this bug fix was in place.  So your users might have this bug baked into their whitelabel App.  But how to fix it is not a simple answer.  What I don't know is if whitelabel apps can update the version of Appsheet they operate on.  Since when you upload the app to Google its just one file containing your app and Appsheet.  

I'm sure that you don't know the answer @Steve but maybe you know who to ask?

Thanks for the inputs. Few more data points. The actual images are on the iPhones when the error occurs (in the Photos/hidden album) so I believe the size is actually causing the issue but there doesn't seem to be a technique to control the image size on the iphone or overcome the limit on the upload size restriction. The app with the issue was whitelabeled in May 2022 so if there is a fix after that point and it is baked into the app then I don't have it - knowing if there is a fix would be my next priority. As a side note, I have additional whitelabeled apps from earlier dates that do not have the issue with image size which makes this more confusing. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Have been going back and forth with Appsheet support regarding this issue since back in August but no progress. Was looking to see if anyone had a solution or work-around.

thanks

Well, seems to be related with the image filetype

I found the solution for myself. In the Appsheet configuration on your iPhone let Appsheet have acces to all your Fotos and not only the selected ones.

Top Labels in this Space