Unable to open a csv file in android phones

I have developed an app that has a view under which we have “CSV” files uploaded from google drive.

I have given view access to certain users but still they are not able to open the file in Android phones but it opens the file in Iphones.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.

0 6 814
6 REPLIES 6

What do you mean by this?

Hi OscarYC, Firstly, thanks for replying.

I am developing an app that has a view under which we have “CSV” files uploaded from google drive.

I have given view access to certain users but still they are not able to open the file in Android phones but it opens the file in iPhone.

We know that already.
Please elaborate since there is not enough detail

I have a collection of excel sheets in my drive and to display the same, I used the option of “Folder as table” and with that I am able to see all my files collection and on clicking it, it download the file in browser and directly open in iPhone but Android users see a blank screen. Please let me now if any other details need to be elaborated.

Sounds to me like your Android doesn’t know how to display the CSV file, perhaps it just doesn’t have any CSV-viewing apps installed. Can the device open a CSV file from its local storage?

Maybe you need this?

Hi @Marc_Dillon , Even my first thought was this and tried to download a CSV reader.
It didn’t work even then.

Top Labels in this Space