Unreliable actions, External: go to website

I am trying to create an action that creates an appointment and opens it up to allow for some further editing. 

I have a google calendar added as a Data source. I have an action set that pulls information for the current table (projects) and autofills some information for a new calendar appointment. This reliably creates a new appointment. Assigned to me. With the Title, information, and some description information autofilled. That part is working properly.  I then created a second action set as "external: go to a website". It has the target formula set as ---- LOOKUP(MAX(Sales Calendar[_RowNumber]), "Sales Calendar", "_ROWNUMBER", "Web Link")
When I make a prominent button it works.... usually. It will open the Calendar in a new tab on the computer or open the Google Calendar app on my phone, and it takes me directly to the latest created appointment. I'll come back to the "usually" 

Now I've got a third action which groups these two actions together. This group will reliably create the appointment, but always fails to run the second action that opens the appointment so that I can modify the appointment times. 
With further testing. weblink action only works when its the first thing done on the page. the stand alone action won't run if I have just run the "create new appointment" action. It only works If I refresh the page fist.

Why is the external action not running all the time?  

0 0 8
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space