Update Bots Running with Old Data and Add Bots Erroring Out

I am having an issue where bots are running as if the event that triggered the bot to run in the first place did not happen. This is causing Bots on Adds to fail and Bots on Updates to use the wrong information. 

Here are some examples to illustrate what is happening:

I have a bot that is running on Adds to the Timesheet Table - with no event condition. In the example below you will see that row with ID "8d7db4b2" was added to the Timesheet table and triggered the event. Then the Process fails because row with ID "8d7db4b2" is not found on the Timesheet Table. But if that row did not exist, then the event would never have been triggered. 

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.46.10 AM.png

Related thing is happening on bots that are triggered by Updates. In the Event section of the automation monitor you can see that row with ID "8d7db4b2" has the "chair_sig" column filled in. But then in the Process>Steps>Detail you can see that the column is no longer filled in. The change in the "chair_sig" field is the update that triggered the event to run, but all steps in the process are running as if that change did not occur. Making any template not show the updated data that triggered the bot in the first place. 

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.47.09 AM.png

It is like every bot is running as if the data change that triggered the bot never occurred. I have tested this on other tables and the same thing is happening. It is like everything is stuck with a [_thisrow_before] in the backend. 

Here are the solutions that I have tried but to no avail:

- I added a second update on a form save action to a trigger column, having that action trigger the bot rather than the add/update to the actual data in the row. This caused a race condition where one row was updated twice too quickly back to back and the trigger column update would override the real data in the row.

- I added a trigger table and on form save added a row to the trigger table. Then used that to trigger the bot. This had issues because adding a row to the trigger table is still an add and thus the bot failed because it could not find the row that was added. 

-I have also already tried submitting this to AppSheet Support but have had no luck there. 

The app has Microsoft as its data source and I have not experienced this issue on any apps linked to google sheets. However, moving this app to google sheets is not an option. 

Anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas?

0 0 62
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space