Update Multiple child tables on update of parent record

Hi all,

I’m trying to perform a status update to multiple child records when the status of the parent record is updated.

Trigger Action: Add or update a commitment with status Share with Coach
Workflow: Shared Related Notes with Coach

Actions

I’ve shared a screenshot of a sample of the Update and Get actions as well as part of my workflow set up. Can anyone help me identify where I’m going wrong.

The status log says it’s working but the child table statuses don’t seem to update

0 6 1,195
6 REPLIES 6

In general, more details may be needed.

Could you please update what type of column [Commitment] is and in what table it is?

Also in general , a workflow may not be needed if the parent record is saved through a form and it is possible to use event action (that updates child records ) on form save.

Hi Suvrutt,

Thank you for responding on your holiday.

Commitment is the parent table. And the column that triggers the action is to change the status of the Share with Coach? (Yes/No) column to Yes.
Once a commitment row is added or updated with Share with Coach = true, I want to update all of the related child records to be true.

The parent record is saved through a form.

Thank you.

Could you please update what the [Commitmenr] column is in the setting below?

I just updated it.
I think the reference rows should be something like this: SELECT(Practices[Challenge ID], [Plan ID] = [_THISROW].[Commitment])

Yes , correct. The reference rows should be child rows referenced with respect to the corresponding parent row.

Is it working now after the changes.

Yes it seems to be working now.
Thanks. Happy Holidays to you.

Top Labels in this Space