Update a column based on the value of a column from another table

My PTO app has two tables, Requests and Users. Every user has a 'quota' of days off they can ask for, and I want to update this 'quota' whenever a new PTO request is approved. I'm having a hard time implementing this because I need to update one table based on the values of another. 

I need to select the current Request and update the User accordingly because there can be multiple requests linked to the same User. If I use the "Data: set the values of some columns in this row" option on the User table, I need to find an expression to select the right Request for it to work. I tried to use the LOOKUP() function, but I'm having trouble filtering the exact (request) row I want because the only way to target a specific Request is through the Key column of my Requests table, which is the randomly generated 'request id'.

Basically what I want is: When approved -> (user remaining days) - (number of days of the approved request') 

My bot is currently working on the context of the request, and I want this step to be a part of it, so after it gets approved (Aprovar Externo), I want to access the "number of days" in this particular request and then alter the column of the User related to this request using that number. 

camilaqi_2-1673366187641.png

Here are my tables for reference

User table (saldo de fรฉrias = remaining days)

camilaqi_0-1673365846890.png

Requests table (dias = number of days of the approved request) with "Funcionรกrio" as the reference betweet these two tables

camilaqi_1-1673365901289.png

0 1 53
1 REPLY 1

Top Labels in this Space