Update a column in another table

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious, any help appreciated.

I have a LOG table.  For each new row, if a Reference Number is present (not blank), I want to lookup that Reference Number in a second table and update a column there to say "Done".

In the LOG table the column is REF_UID.
In the ACTIVITY table the column to update is "DONE", there is also an ACTIVITY_UID column that should be matched to REF_UID.

It feels like it should be simple enough... a combination of IF/THEN and LOOKUP perhaps.  But, despite days of trying different combinations and solution I can't work it out.  What am I overlooking?

Solved Solved
0 2 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You'd need to use a 'reference action' (action of type 'execute an action on a set of rows'). You'd run it in a Bot, or as the form-saved-behavior.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You'd need to use a 'reference action' (action of type 'execute an action on a set of rows'). You'd run it in a Bot, or as the form-saved-behavior.

That "(action of type 'execute an action on a set of rows')" was just what I needed.  With the help of this super clear how-to video https://youtu.be/m9iabUO-Pa8 I've FINALLY got it working.  Thank you Marc!

Top Labels in this Space