Update a data in appsheet

Nbl
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I am currently creating a stock taking app which basically lets you to scan a barcode to get the details of the product and update its stocks.

I have set up a google sheet with sl no, product name, barcode, stock of full products as a table.I cant find a way to update the current data. Appsheet creates new data entry whenever i update a stock. I need to update the current data.

Is it possible?

Solved Solved
0 6 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Nbl wrote:

I need to update the record by scanning barcode.

You will have to build a mechanism.

I suggest building it this way:

- create a table "FILTER" with these columns

-[key], type Text (set one value underneath, for example k_0). Tick the property "KEY" and untick the property "SHOW".

- [Item], type Ref, source table : your Item table. Tick the property "SCANNABLE" (right-side, far away)

Data > Tables :

Set this table with the Update permission to "Update" (un-select Add and Delete").

Data > Slices :

Create a new slice, name it "ITEM_FILTERED" with row filter condition :

[ItemKeyColumn]=ANY(FILTER[Item])

[Replace ItemKeyColumn with the appropriate key-column of your table item)

UX > Views :

- create a new view, name it "FILTER", set view type as  "Detail",  source table: "FILTER", and set the option "quick edit column" with the column Items (options below), Position: Ref

- create a new view, name it "ITEM_FILTERED", set view type as  "Detail",  source table: "ITEM_FILTERED", Position: Ref

- Create a new view "DASHBOARD FILTER", view type "Dashboard", Position: Center, view entries: "FILTER" and "ITEM_FILTERED"

UX > Options :

- scroll down to the section "Dashboard View", then tick the option "Show overlay actions in dashboards"

That should do it ๐Ÿ™‚

For reference:

UX view type: Dashboard - AppSheet Help

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Yes/No expressions - AppSheet Help

ANY() - AppSheet Help

List expressions - AppSheet Help

App example:

Slice based on user input

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Nbl 

Yes it's possible. I think you are confusing some data structure.

Here is a documentation that may help you:

Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thank you for replying

I went throught the article it does not mention how to update the record.

Can you please explain..

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Nbl wrote:

You will have to build a mechanism.

I suggest building it this way:

- create a table "FILTER" with these columns

-[key], type Text (set one value underneath, for example k_0). Tick the property "KEY" and untick the property "SHOW".

- [Item], type Ref, source table : your Item table. Tick the property "SCANNABLE" (right-side, far away)

Data > Tables :

Set this table with the Update permission to "Update" (un-select Add and Delete").

Data > Slices :

Create a new slice, name it "ITEM_FILTERED" with row filter condition :

[ItemKeyColumn]=ANY(FILTER[Item])

[Replace ItemKeyColumn with the appropriate key-column of your table item)

UX > Views :

- create a new view, name it "FILTER", set view type as  "Detail",  source table: "FILTER", and set the option "quick edit column" with the column Items (options below), Position: Ref

- create a new view, name it "ITEM_FILTERED", set view type as  "Detail",  source table: "ITEM_FILTERED", Position: Ref

- Create a new view "DASHBOARD FILTER", view type "Dashboard", Position: Center, view entries: "FILTER" and "ITEM_FILTERED"

UX > Options :

- scroll down to the section "Dashboard View", then tick the option "Show overlay actions in dashboards"

That should do it ๐Ÿ™‚

For reference:

UX view type: Dashboard - AppSheet Help

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Yes/No expressions - AppSheet Help

ANY() - AppSheet Help

List expressions - AppSheet Help

App example:

Slice based on user input

Hi Aurelien! I'm new to the community and I can't figure out how to message people directly so I thought this might work..
My company is looking for an expert appsheets developer to fix some bugs we're experiencing on our app. If you're interested in helping us, please give me your email address so that I can send you the specifics. Thanks!

Hi @Minaa 

I may be able to help, you contact me on this email: contact@codergo.tech.

Regards

Thanks a lot

Top Labels in this Space