Update an enumlist for many columns with an action

I have followed guidance in this video to create an Artworks table with a tags column, and a tags table that shows associated artworks. There are actions involved and bots, many-to-many-relationships, and it's working well so far. I'm trying to make a way to bulk assign a new tag to an artwork, but I'm stuck. When I set my "update artworks" action (which involves adding tags to an enum list column, and then updating the tags column with added and removed values) to display prominently, I can activate it after a bulk selection, but the form that appears has no suggested values to choose from. How do I make it so that the tags show up and/or there's an opportunity to add a new tag for many selected artworks (Iike I can in the regular tags form)?

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.54.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.53.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.54.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.55.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 at 8.54.46 PM.png

โ€ƒ

Solved Solved
1 3 196
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With help from this forum post and this video from @MultiTech (much appreciatedl!) I was able to figure this out. Here are the steps I followed that (so far) seem to be working the way I want them to:

1. Create an action for the artworks table
  2. Data: set the values of some columns in this row
  3. Set these columns: Tags = INPUT("Tags added", "Tags")

For some reason the options were not showing up in the dialog box initially, but then I went back into my column definition for tags, and set the Input Mode from Auto to Buttons, and now it's working. I can multi-select many artworks and bulk add tags to them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

With help from this forum post and this video from @MultiTech (much appreciatedl!) I was able to figure this out. Here are the steps I followed that (so far) seem to be working the way I want them to:

1. Create an action for the artworks table
  2. Data: set the values of some columns in this row
  3. Set these columns: Tags = INPUT("Tags added", "Tags")

For some reason the options were not showing up in the dialog box initially, but then I went back into my column definition for tags, and set the Input Mode from Auto to Buttons, and now it's working. I can multi-select many artworks and bulk add tags to them.

Don't you like it when things work! ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰

The only drawback I've seen so far is that I can't create a new tag from this dialog, but I can workaround that fairly easily by adding a new tag to my tags table first, and then it's available as an option.

Top Labels in this Space