Update another table

I have an app for inventory management and I have a form with many fields one of them is available serial number (list) of the item he wants to sell it , I want to update the status of that item to not available when the user submit that form.
I have table for inventory logs and table for Items and their serial numbers.

0 2 79
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @ghadah_F

So every item can only be sold once?

Sounds like you have everything set up, you only need a virtual column that checks if each row appears in your inventory logs, and if it does, then it is no longer available.

In fact, my application serves the inventory of devices such as computers, printers, etc. in the company, There is a table that contains the items and their models, and another table that contains the serial numbers of the brand and model.
When the employee wants to exchange a specific device, he must choose the item and model, then a list will appear with the serial number of the devices available for that particular model.
The serial numbers of items was categorized by a " yes/no " column called โ€œavailableโ€ to identify if this item with this serial number is free or not.
what I want to do is when the user submit the inventory log form the value of column โ€œavailableโ€ change from โ€œyesโ€ to โ€œnoโ€. Is that possible?

Top Labels in this Space