Update multiple rows

Hi,

I have tried to update all the rows through ACTION based on the date on another table. No error but my app froze. can someone please help?

I made an action ("Paid PO TRUE") to put "TRUE"  in the  [Paid] Column. Then I created another action ("Paid PO") that invokes the ("Paid PO TRUE") in all the rows that are included in my Date criteria.

this is the expression I have used to update the rows: 

Referenced Rows: FILTER(
"Expenses Liters",
AND(

([Date] >= [_THISROW].[PO Start Date]),
([Date] < [_THISROW].[PO End Date])
)
)

Mario_Moncada_0-1656676981788.png

Please help,

Solved Solved
0 10 381
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are runing it on a phone or in the browser?

Most browsers should have a mechanism to prevent an infinite loop, and if you are changing more than, let's say, 400 rows at a time with an action, probably the browser will say that the app froze or similar. Just click "wait" or similar (Idk how it's translated in english, here it says "Esperar"), that's it.

Anyway, that's to overcome the problem, but I suggest you to think a better solution, like making sure to use a less broad date range, maybe just around a week of data instead of a whole month

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How is this action triggered? Please post a screenshot of that.

Hi Steve,

I just put an action Icon ("Paid PO") on the PO Date Table. After I clicked it, app froze.

I was expecting the action will populate the rows that are included in the range of Start Date and End Date.

Mario_Moncada_0-1656712685309.png

expecting the [Paid] Column to be populated.

Mario_Moncada_1-1656713183052.png

You are runing it on a phone or in the browser?

Most browsers should have a mechanism to prevent an infinite loop, and if you are changing more than, let's say, 400 rows at a time with an action, probably the browser will say that the app froze or similar. Just click "wait" or similar (Idk how it's translated in english, here it says "Esperar"), that's it.

Anyway, that's to overcome the problem, but I suggest you to think a better solution, like making sure to use a less broad date range, maybe just around a week of data instead of a whole month

Wow! I was thinking my action and expressions was wrong. I have reduced the range to 6 days, it worked but still took some time to finish. what book or articles should I read to know more about some of these IT properties. Awesome. Thanks. I will look at workflow and json to make it more efficient. thanks much.

Probably your expression weren't wrong, they were just asking too much to the browser to handle.

Btw, why are you talking about workflow and json? I mean, Workflows were the old "Bots" and Json is used on webhooks

maybe my understanding is not enough. I saw some old vids with instructions quickly populating through API or webhook in JSON. anyway, I'll look deep and learn more about it. thanks much

So you are talking about "AppSheet Training" by "QREW Tech"?
Yes, they have a video about the AppSheet API but it's an enterprise feature I suggest you to not depend on

thanks again. can you please suggest other means of populating multiple rows on a wider range. Even 6 days with my approach is still too slow.

I really appreciate all your comments. thanks

Please post a screenshot of the Paid PO TRUE action configuration.

Hi Steve,

bit late. here's how it looks;

Mario_Moncada_0-1657836160509.png

Top Labels in this Space