Update row with values from other table

Hey There

Was wondering if someone could help, I'm fairly new to AppSheet so still trying to find my way around.

I am running a CRM app that I now want to add a help desk ticketing system to. The problem I'm facing is updating the ticket status.

I have a "Tickets" table with fields that reference the company and contact, then fields for name , description, status, assigned to, etc.

I also have a "Ticket Updates" table with fields that reference the ticket then fields for new status, note, etc.

I have added a new task for updating tickets that goes to the "Ticket Updates_Form". This form only has 3 fields - Status, Assigned To and note. Status and assigned to have their current values pushed to the form.

When the user updates the form with a new status and note. I want it to add a row to the "Ticket Updates" table AND change fields in the "Tickets" table based on what the user has entered.

I could use the standard "Ticket" edit form and set the fields I don't want to them editing to ISBLANK([Column Name]) but they still appear in the form and I think it looks untidy.

Is it possible to achieve what I'm after? 

TIA, Dan

0 1 73
1 REPLY 1

To hide a column based on its value or the value of another column, you should put the corresponding expression in the "Show?" field.

Is that what you are doing?

Top Labels in this Space