Updating Item Locations Based on Delivery Locations in Database

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a database setup involving four tables: items, location, delivery, and delivery_logs. The items table contains equipment details, including a location. The delivery table includes a location and a delivery status. Lastly, the delivery_logs table indicates the different items (with a one-to-many relationship) included in each delivery.

I am looking for a solution where, when the delivery status changes from "pending" to "delivered," I want the location of each item to be updated with the location indicated in the delivery. Is this possible?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 1 46
1 REPLY 1

What you are looking for is generally possible and a fairly common requirement. If there are referencing relations between various tables, you could update various statuses in different tables more easily.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

You could also take a look at referencing actions that change the columns values in one table when triggered from another table through events such as form save etc. Please take a look at the below sample app listed in the the help article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help  to understand reference actions.

Reference Actions - AppSheet

Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space