Updating a date column only when a column has true mentioned in row

Hi,

I have a sale order form and I have 2 column, 1 column(yes/no) where a user inputs if the order has been dispatched . and another column mentioning the date of dispatch. the date should be automatically calculated when the user enters true. How can we achieve this?

0 6 410
6 REPLIES 6

You need to use ChangeTimestamp column type. Please check this articleโ€ฆ

Set the value in the formula section of the column to If([column 1]= yes, TODAY(), " ")

@Mitchell_Cole That wonโ€™t work correctly. If the user opens the record after the columnโ€™s value is changed to โ€œYesโ€, it will update the date value. With the ChangeTimeStamp it will do it only when the value is changed.

This sounds very similar to what Iโ€™m trying to do. Iโ€™m wanting to have a โ€œlast active dateโ€ for a user, based on their activity in a different spreadsheet, but I canโ€™t figure out how to make the ChangeTimestamp column dependent on a column in a different spreadsheet. Or is there a different format I should be using?

You canโ€™t use ChangeTimestamp field for that purpose. You have few options how you could do thatโ€ฆ with a virtual column in users table or actions when the child tableโ€™s value is changed.

Thanks Aleksi, thatโ€™s really helpful. How would I code that?
Something about โ€œreturn the date column for the most recent mention of matching name in x sheet, columnโ€? And put it all into the formula section of the โ€œlast active dateโ€ column in the users tab? Iโ€™m having real trouble figuring out what expressions to use to write it

Top Labels in this Space