Updating shortcut icons for white-label apps?

MBI
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Hi There, we have a new logo. We updated it in appsheet branding as well as google play store. We see changes in the app, as well as on the g play store listing.

However, Apple store is proving harder than google play to update.

Android short-cut still shows old logo, as does the IOS version.

Any help with either of these issues?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 170
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AFAIK now, if you want to just change the App logo then you have to resubmit from scratch (Android & Apple).  Though if its android then you can at least modify the Play store listing.  With Apple you can't even do that.  If you upload a typo, you've got to submit the whole damn app again ๐Ÿ˜ก

I've only done a couple of listed apps.  Checkout "Barnsley Live" and "NTTA Trailer Checks".  But I always now quote 10-20 hours just to get an App on the App Store.  Its such a massive PITA!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I believe that for IOS you have to upload a completely new version of the app just to change the logo

With Android it lets you change the logo in the developer control panel.  But from what I've seen recently this doesn't seem to change the logo on the phone.  Even if its a new install after the logo change.  So maybe you also have to upload a new app version there as well.

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi Simon,  Thanks for the reply. You are correct android did not update logo although it appears in play store correctly. Apple is such a PITA to work with, afraid to push an updated app version as unsure if it will wreak havoc, as only Apple can cause. Light the flaming hoops and put on a fur suit... Just to update a logo.

Have you had any luck with pushing an updated app version to the stores? Does it all get processed from inside appsheet, or do we need to resubmit via apple and google separately? Thanks again!

AFAIK now, if you want to just change the App logo then you have to resubmit from scratch (Android & Apple).  Though if its android then you can at least modify the Play store listing.  With Apple you can't even do that.  If you upload a typo, you've got to submit the whole damn app again ๐Ÿ˜ก

I've only done a couple of listed apps.  Checkout "Barnsley Live" and "NTTA Trailer Checks".  But I always now quote 10-20 hours just to get an App on the App Store.  Its such a massive PITA!

Hi Simon, Thanks for the info. I was afraid this would be the answer, resubmit to Apple. Takes more time to white label apple than building the actual app!

Good news is, they *say* you can use the original certificates and keys, screens, as when you did the original  white label for apple. Android is a 15 minute process! I agree on the timeframe allotted to the apple process!

Cheers Simon!

Top Labels in this Space