Uploading images from iPhone error message

Dear all, I am encountering difficulties uploading images from my iPhone and receiving the message "Error while loading image"

I am running the latest version of IOS.

I can take a photo in situ and upload but not import from my gallery.

If anyone has experienced this and can offer a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

1 15 1,038
15 REPLIES 15

Any chance that the option Editor > UX > Options > Allow image input from gallery is set as OFF?

A student sent me this image today.

As @Chris_PocketSurvey indicated, this would have happened as a result of an attempt to import from the gallery, not to take a photo. The student is using a copy of a sample app I made. Other students using the same sample are able to upload screenshots from their galleries without problems. I doubt that the student has changed the settings inside the editor โ€“ students have no need (and probably no inclination) to change such settings because they are merely using a copy of an app that I have made for them.

Is any other cause a possibility? For example, could it be a problem with the iPhone settings?

Just tested this on my phone. If I turn โ€œEditor > UX > Options > Allow image input from galleryโ€ to off, thereโ€™s no error. The option to access the gallery is merely absent.

If, on the other hand, I disallow use of the gallery on the iPhone side I get this:

So, I canโ€™t figure out what might cause the kind of error the student sent me. By the way, the student is one of two who have reported this problem. There may be more โ€“ Iโ€™ve just give this new assignment that requires uploading a screenshot.

One more thing I can report is that the students who have reported the error have shared their Google sheets with me. I can confirm that no address for an image has been written inside their sheets. So, although the error is โ€œError while loading image,โ€ it seems that the app has refused to upload their images and has therefore not written any addresses to their sheets.

In the audit report there is any record for those error ? If they re there, peeking into error log could get us a clue to find out a root cause.

Thanks, @tsuji_koichi, for your good suggestion. Luckily, however, I was able to identify the problem shortly before I saw your post.

The problem occurs when the user chooses โ€œSelected photosโ€ when asked to choose the level of access. I found that, even if I go through the proper process to designate certain photos as โ€œSelectedโ€ in advance, they cannot be uploaded and the error I got from the student is shown on my screen. The solution is to change the setting in the iPhone as follows:

Settings --> AppSheet --> Photos --> All Photos

@Chris_PocketSurvey, I suspect this will solve your problem.

I will write to support@appsheet.com to notify them of this problem. The โ€œSelected photosโ€ setting appears to be meaningless (at least, at the moment) because one cannot identify a subset of photos to be uploaded.

Iโ€™ve checked that and sadly it doesnt seem to be that

@Kirk_Masden Thank you for exploring this in further detail and offering a workaround to the problem.

I have tried to update the iPhone settings as you suggested:

Settings --> AppSheet --> Photos --> All Photos

I do not have the option โ€œPhotosโ€ available to me in the AppSheet settings as shown below.

Hi @Chris_PocketSurvey!

Interesting! My phone (iPhone 6) and my wifeโ€™s phone (iPhone 11) have several options above the โ€œSiri & Searchโ€ option you see. Perhaps someone else has an idea about why you donโ€™t have the option.

Could it have something to do with your Photos settings?

i have the same problem , have you found a solution please?

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

will do. thank you

The solution I found worked on my phone but I donโ€™t know why it doesnโ€™t work on all phones. Please report back if you discover the cause.

Thanks Kirk for the support request!

Hi @Kirk_Masden , I am also on iPhone 11 so indeed very interesting that this is not displayed in my settings.

I have re-tested the upload issue and the bug seems to have been fixed now so many thanks for logging this with the support team.

Top Labels in this Space