Uploading images to shared google drive, or multi page spreadsheet.

I have an app for a small IT group made for gathering info from like 80 stores. This info includes an image of the floor plan, some yes/no questions, more images of the workstations, phones, and other equipment. My question is: Is it possible to link one cell to one google drive folder so multiple images can be uploaded, stored, and viewed from the app? I'd like to have 4 sections  each with the option to upload multiple photos, and possibly have them stored in a shared google drive. My other thought is to have 4 additional pages on the spreadsheet just for those images. The example apps have multi page spreadsheets, but I'm pretty new to appsheet and don't quite understand how to make that work.

RighteousBuns_0-1661350104501.png

This UI is what I currently have, and the team likes it, but wants to upload multiple images to each section. I hope this is enough info to get my point across, if not I'm more than happy to elaborate. 

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Solved Solved
0 2 168
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The design you currently have, as you know, only supports a single image per field.  What is needed to support multiple Images is a Child table or tables.  You could use a single table with a column to specify the section each image belongs to.  Or have a dedicated table for each section.   Each table would have its own folder for storing of actual image files within Google.

While you can share out any of the Google Folders, it is best practice to have users access any data from the app itself.  If you do share out folders, make sure to secure them.  Any changes made by manual acces could negatively impact the app. 

Instead of the button to upload a single Image, you would have an "Inline View" that exposes a "New" button that, when tapped, launches into a Form allowing the user to capture an image and then optionally apply any other details needed such an Image Name or Description.  You can also use "Auto-Reopen" to automatically reopen the form after the save of the Image making it easier for a user to add multiple images all at once one after the other.  When done adding, the user just taps Cancel and returns to the main display.  

When viewing the details later, each of these sections can be setup to display in Gallery form to see many of the images at once on the display under each section but there are other view options for displaying the images as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The design you currently have, as you know, only supports a single image per field.  What is needed to support multiple Images is a Child table or tables.  You could use a single table with a column to specify the section each image belongs to.  Or have a dedicated table for each section.   Each table would have its own folder for storing of actual image files within Google.

While you can share out any of the Google Folders, it is best practice to have users access any data from the app itself.  If you do share out folders, make sure to secure them.  Any changes made by manual acces could negatively impact the app. 

Instead of the button to upload a single Image, you would have an "Inline View" that exposes a "New" button that, when tapped, launches into a Form allowing the user to capture an image and then optionally apply any other details needed such an Image Name or Description.  You can also use "Auto-Reopen" to automatically reopen the form after the save of the Image making it easier for a user to add multiple images all at once one after the other.  When done adding, the user just taps Cancel and returns to the main display.  

When viewing the details later, each of these sections can be setup to display in Gallery form to see many of the images at once on the display under each section but there are other view options for displaying the images as well.

Thanks! I saw the Forms in the documentation but wasn't sure how to implement them. I'll try this out and reply again if it works or not. 

Top Labels in this Space