Urgent Complaint: UI Error in AppSheet App - Floating Button and Bulk Selection Issues

The overly button to add new records in deck view work just fine in separated deck view but the opposite is when I'm using dashboard view without enabling tabs in mobile which is my case. The button stack at the bottom of deck view which is not acceptable in such case when the normal situation is to be floating button all along with vertical scrolling.

I notice that many people here suffer from this issue ๐Ÿ˜” and this just an attempt to get some attention to this problem maybe we get some help from the team.

I would be grateful to anyone could help to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention that that even bulk selection is not possible in this dashboard view which something strange.

Screenshot_20230828_165508_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒ

Solved Solved
0 8 231
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I definitely agree with you. Here in AppSheet we do all time need for a work around to get things done the right way instead of waiting for platform evolution...

Thank you @SkrOYC 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sadly, since you can have multiple Deck views inside a Dashboard view, this is the expected behaviour. The Add button is inside the Deck View, not the Dashboard View

@SkrOYC thanks for your reply.

I really understand this however when I used deck view inside dashboard view + TABS ENABLED FOR MOBILE the overly button to add new records works fine. Why? I really don't know 

It doesn't work Fine, the diference is that you have a tab for each view, so the view is using the whole page instead of sharing one page/view for multiple ones inside, so the is just one table/view/action per tab, not multiple ones, like when not using tabs

Alright. So let's just hope someone from the team will fix this.

But is this the same concerning bulk selection?

I'm afraid that no one will fix something that is not broken, take some time to understand the design behind it

I believe that this not a matter of design understanding. The question is how can we understand/accept that each time we need to add a new records WE HAVE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN OVER TENS of records to reach the add button!!?

Sadly, the kind of Dashboard view that you expect can't be made. It's just that the current implementation doesn't suit you well and you have to look for a better solution to your issue.
For example, I never use Dashboard views in mobile, for this and other reasons. Maybe what you want to accomplish can be done in a more elegant way in mobile by using actions and forms for example, or some DeepLinks

Yes I definitely agree with you. Here in AppSheet we do all time need for a work around to get things done the right way instead of waiting for platform evolution...

Thank you @SkrOYC 

Top Labels in this Space