Urgent issue with MySQL Apps

We are seeing this error on all of our AppSheet Accounts that connect to MySQL databases. It is impacting us and a handful of our clients. 

QREW_Ben_0-1693940305624.png

Is this an issue that others are seeing and if it is universal, is there an ETA on when it might be fixed? 

Solved Solved
3 11 434
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We are aware of the issue and started rolling back the most recent AppSheet binary release. I will post an update here once the rollback is completed. The issue should be resolved gradually for users over the next 30-60 minutes.

Update (2pm PDT): This issue should be resolved for all customers.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@QREW_Ben  (nice to see you) --- YES we've got the same outage

@QREW_Ben - It's also affecting my apps. 

Support seemed to not know what was happening. 

We've confirmed its a server-level handshake issue. 

Our suspicion is appsheet is on a different TLS version (8.0.34 is latest; we run 8.0.31) and the handshake is failing.  We can access DBs on all other platforms.

@Chris_Sondesky (Nice to see you too), we had similar susspicions. We are also able to access the DBs on other platforms as well, though there is one account that is not having the same problem right now, and we are not sure why it seems to be exempt.

@QREW_Ben - possible that client is a different region? or their DB on a different provider? We're on GCP & based US-east

We are also having this problem. All of our apps created outside of Appsheet are having zero problems, but Appsheet is returning the same exact error as described for us.

Thanks for confirming what I just came here to post about! Similarly reached out to support, no hope of a resolution just yet. I also tried creating a new connection to the database and can confirm that the error appears there as well.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 141936.png

We are aware of the issue and started rolling back the most recent AppSheet binary release. I will post an update here once the rollback is completed. The issue should be resolved gradually for users over the next 30-60 minutes.

Update (2pm PDT): This issue should be resolved for all customers.

@isdal - thanks for your prompt response here. My apps are back up and running. Thanks!

Ours seem to be running now too. Thank y'all so much!

Same here, all good now!

Top Labels in this Space