Use API image to search URL from google

Hello everyone! 

i want to make a new feature in the app, witch is a inventory management app. 
I have a lot itens in my inventory but i want to show the image from this item to my users. 

i want to make a call from API to search a URL image from google using the name from this item. How can i do that? 

Other way is making a script to use directly in the spreedsheet to get a URL and insert in the colum. 

Someone can help me? 

Solved Solved
0 2 335
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Google offers a programmable search that you can call through API to return for example the first result of an image search. Search for "Custom Search API". 

You can make calls to this API through Apps Script, and get a URL that you can put as a value in your Image type column and it will display correctly in your AppSheet app. 

Be aware however that this is a paid service and requires you to have an active Google Cloud Project with an active associated Payment Account. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Google offers a programmable search that you can call through API to return for example the first result of an image search. Search for "Custom Search API". 

You can make calls to this API through Apps Script, and get a URL that you can put as a value in your Image type column and it will display correctly in your AppSheet app. 

Be aware however that this is a paid service and requires you to have an active Google Cloud Project with an active associated Payment Account. 

Were you successful? I am looking to implement within appsheet an api image retrieving function (similar to above post) but from my shopify website www.boacasa.com. The end goal is to tag the external shopify image url against each of the items within the item master appsheet/google sheet.

I read this article but I am unable to follow on how it can be achieved : https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107317

Top Labels in this Space