Use Display Icons in Card View

Hi All,
I would like to use the 'cute' display icons in a card view - see below.  I believe I need a way to access those icons from a URL or some other way.  Any/all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  Thanks!

PJMatelli_0-1690583928653.png

Solved Solved
0 5 426
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe you will not be able to use the AppSheet provided icons directly in the place of image column.

You could use icon images from various icons sites ( paid or free to use options) .

An example below of various types of icons that you can insert in image column. Those are .png images.

Pizza and Edit request are .png icons and other (fruits) are .png photos.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1690600244881.png

Also please explore these  very useful tips by  @GreenFlux 

SAMPLE APP: Custom SVG App Icons - Google Cloud Community

SAMPLE APP: Font Awesome Icon Library - Google Cloud Community

Please also explore other tips on SVG images in the Tips sections.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I believe you will not be able to use the AppSheet provided icons directly in the place of image column.

You could use icon images from various icons sites ( paid or free to use options) .

An example below of various types of icons that you can insert in image column. Those are .png images.

Pizza and Edit request are .png icons and other (fruits) are .png photos.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1690600244881.png

Also please explore these  very useful tips by  @GreenFlux 

SAMPLE APP: Custom SVG App Icons - Google Cloud Community

SAMPLE APP: Font Awesome Icon Library - Google Cloud Community

Please also explore other tips on SVG images in the Tips sections.

Hi @PJMatelli , 

I think to use url as thumbnail you have to add helper column to display image from url like
1. column url (input url image)
2. column image ( from spreadsheet use image formula = image(column url, type) )

this method i use for my appsheet 

Thank you...disappointed, but I assumed that would be the case.  

Actually.. you are able to use them. Not directly but..  AppSheet is using icons from the service awesomefont.com. With the free subscription you are able to download exactly those same icons and use them as pngs. Though some icons may need Pro subscription.

Hi @AleksiAlkio ,

Thank you. Yes you are correct. I had also referred @GreenFlux 's tip above on using Font Awesome icons. Of course he had proposed SVGs. You have added another nice tip for .pngs as well.

My understanding is @PJMatelli wanted to use the icons the way we use in format rules or view or action names - that is simply by adding those icons from the app editor.

Top Labels in this Space