Use a template mail in an action/behavior

Hello, 

I was wondering if it was possible to use complex mail template in an action (under the behavior tab).

Actually my problem is the following, I have a very simple customer database (name,mail,phone,price), and I wish to have a button to be able to send an email with the billing information to the customer with an email containing my company logo and other informations.

So far I was able to create an action to send an email but I was only able to fill the mail with brut text. I saw it is possible to create template for mail using automation but I was unable to create a bot that would perform an action only once (when I want it).

I hope I was clear, do not hesitate if you need further details 

Thank you !

Solved Solved
0 3 138
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, if you wish to have formatted email, then currently you would need to use BOT as "Send Email "action in Behavior tab does not have possibility of natively formatting the email body content.

You may want to note following relevant point

@Ryan2 wrote:

-Set โ€billing requestโ€ field to false

You may not need to do this step if you use a number type column to trigger the email bot.

Please see the topic  "Send an email from an Action button" in the article below

Example automations - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I found a solution to my own problem ๐Ÿ™‚

I created an invisble column called โ€billing requestโ€, which a yes/no field, set to false by default. Also, I created a action called โ€billing actionโ€ that would just change the value of โ€billing requestโ€ to true.
Then I have a bot that would check if โ€billing requestโ€ is set to true, if so then it has two actions:
-Send an email with the template I wanted.

It works, this solution seems a bit workaround-ish so if you have a better idea I would like to hear it ^^ 

One issue I have with my method is that I cannot see the mail before it is sent.

Thanks

Yes, if you wish to have formatted email, then currently you would need to use BOT as "Send Email "action in Behavior tab does not have possibility of natively formatting the email body content.

You may want to note following relevant point

@Ryan2 wrote:

You may not need to do this step if you use a number type column to trigger the email bot.

Please see the topic  "Send an email from an Action button" in the article below

Example automations - AppSheet Help

Thank you very much for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space