Use checkbooks on Form but input a number into the data

Hello,

I am working on an attendance project for my self and looking to have a list of checkboxes that can be added at the end.

For example, if a person brought there books thats +1 point. If they brought their notebook that +1 point. So at the end I want to input 3 points. 1 point for them being present, 1 point for bring the book and 1 point for bringing their notebook. If they did not bring one of the items then it would be only 2 points.

I am trying to create a form when students can fill themselves. Currently, they have to manual input a number. I would like to create checkboxes or even buttons so they can select what they brought and submit it.

On the backend, I want to take that info and compute a number to be inputed into the table.

Does anyone know how to accomplish that?

0 3 75
3 REPLIES 3

An EnumList is the only way to display checkboxes in Appsheet. And you could pull a simple COUNT() on the EnumList column.

Or set up an Enum column for each selection to show as a button, then count them up with IFS() + IFS()

For the COUNT(), do I need to create a virtual column for that? 

Or, is there a way I can compute that and enter number in to the "Points" column? (I would prefer this one if possible.)

Top Labels in this Space