Use of [_THISROW] to filter rows

I’m trying to figure out how to make an action only act on certain rows of a table. The details:
I have a table called All Stores with columns: Item, Get, Got, Isle, Store Nickname, among other columns. I have slices defined for each Store Nickname. When the user selects an Item I have an action icon displayed (called “Clear All Got”) that I only want to apply to the rows that have the same Store Nickname in the table.

If I use FILTER(“All Stores”, TRUE) for the Referenced Rows in the action, it will include all
Store Nicknames in the table, not just the ones equal to the currently selected item row

If I use SELECT(Order Details[Description], ([Order ID] = [_THISROW].[Order ID]), TRUE) it also seems to include all Store Nicknames in the table, not just the ones equal to the currently selected item row.

What formula should I use to get what I want? Thanks.

0 2 345
2 REPLIES 2

Probably try:

FILTER( All Stores , [_THISROW].[Store Nickname] = [Store Nickname] )

Marc, thanks for the suggestion. It worked great.

Just to clarify, I mistakenly copied the wrong Select (obviously). The select I was using was:
Select(“All Stores”[Got], ([Store Nickname] = [_THISROW].[Store Nickname]), TRUE)
vs your suggestion that worked:
FILTER( All Stores , [_THISROW].[Store Nickname] = [Store Nickname] )

My mistake was that the Select only returned the values of the column [Got] that matched the expression whereas your Filter returned the complete rows that matched the expression.

Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space