User Interface

First of all, I love app sheets and my company has been using it for years. The Design features have not been touched in all the years I've been using them. Great features have been added but no improvements to the visual interface have happened. I recently came across thunkable and I really "LOVE" the design freedom but they don't offer nor have all the features that app sheets has. I also dont want to have my team relearn a new system. With that being said, myself as the leader of my department, I am investing personal time into thinkable. Is there any plan for app sheets having the same design freedom as thunkable?  

2 5 247
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I am unaware of any plans to vastly increase design flexibility.

Hi.

Thank you for using appsheet over the years. During prioritization, we weigh user needs more than the features built by other platforms which may not be as useful to our user base.

That being said, when you say "design freedom" and "design features", are you talking more about the app creation experience (current editor) or the apps itself (mobile apps, desktop apps etc.)?

Can you give more details about some of the key missing things that you will love to see in appsheet as design features?

Tagging @Arthur_Rallu for attention.

First of all, I am not trying to promote thinkable. Our biggest issue is that we don't have the freedom to design the views as we would like to. As far as features, nothing compares to apps sheets when it comes to no-code platforms. The issue we have is we can only select from preset views. We want to be able to design a view then set the links or actions that happens in that view that will lead to other views. To better explain, Let say under views you select a base standard. Then you can click on advance mode and set the font type, background colors, insert pictures where need, create buttons that will take you to other views, be able to drag, drop, and move all line items to where ever you like, ect.  I am trying to recreate the look and feel of my company's home page but have it department focused for each department. Now, over the last 2 years of using appsheets I have personally learned that sometimes appsheets can do things that I didn't know. We could just limited by our knowledge of app sheets.

Not exactly sure what you really want to achieve, but sounds like you wish to have features to add custom CSS to change the styles of views. As far as I know, AppSheet team is not willing to give such options to app creators in order to 1) stay no code platform as much as possible 2) to avoid the disruption by adding new custom CSS by app creators.

However, the new desktop UX will brings better UX, you should expect positively and wait its arrival with patience.

FWIW: The rich text for LongText column types will open up some flexibility

• But only in the sense of how webpages were flexible in the late 90s; not anything like drag-and-drop
Top Labels in this Space