User Role at Desktop mode not Recognized

Hello,

I'm having an issue with table settings based on USERROLE() at new Desktop mode.

The rule at "Table Settings" is...

IF(USERROLE() = "Admin", "ADDS_AND_UPDATES", "READ_ONLY")

Edit/Add action buttons are not being displayed for Admins using Desktop mode, but they can see them in the mobile view of the very same App version.

The action's settings are:

Lucho_B_0-1686772951544.png

When logging in with my email as app owner, i can see the action buttons perfectly in any mode (Desktop, mobie, etc).

Any ideas what could be wrong?

1 5 224
5 REPLIES 5

Wenn Sie sich als App-Besitzer einloggen wird, wird Ihnen immer alles angezeigt!

Right. I meant that as app-owner-admin I can see action buttons that regular admins can't. And i don't know why, since the rule is based on USERROLE()="Admin"
Thanks

Hi @Lucho_B , apologies for the late reply. I just did a test, but in my case it seems to work fine. Let me recap the details:

To start, are you still experiencing this problem? It may be necessary to gather more info/details. Thanks.

Hi Peter, 
Your details/steps seem to be just like my settings.

But...
We "solved" it. Or better said "by-passed" it.
I shared screen with the users who had this problem and asked them to toggle mobile mode on Chrome's DevTools. I wanted to check that way, because mobile Android app seemed to work perfectly for them. Everything worked fine on browser with mobile mode.

Surprisingly, when they switched back to "normal" desktop browser, after reloading, everything was "fixed" - with the app showing all the expected buttons in new desktop design.

No one has seen this kind of issue again.

I'll let you know in that case.

Thank you!!

I have the same problem. A user that is not Admin can see function and edit data that should be visible only to the Admin. 

SWITCH(USERROLE(),
"Admin", "ALL_CHANGES",
"READ_ONLY")

Top Labels in this Space